With masks as with everything else, you get what you pay for. We get many repair orders on other competitor masks due to low-quality standards, which the customer ends up paying more than a good diving mask because of the many repairs it needs.
Here are some differences between our quality masks and cheaper alternatives so you can avoid the same mistake.
What are the differences?
- Cheap glue will break down quicker instead than good quality glue that never breaks down
- Some competitors bevel the front of the Rx Lens which doesn’t give it a complete area to adhere to the mask. We bevel the back only so it doesn’t touch the skin making the mask way safer and more comfortable to use
- We use quality tools that minimize breaking of the glass and give a good quality finish with no glue showing, unlike other masks with glue visible on the lens
- The competition doesn’t fill up as much area of the mask as we do because we use a bigger Rx blank
- Our glue is able to bond to any coating on any mask whether it be anti-reflective, ultraviolet or mirror
- We can set the bifocal as high or as low as needed for your perfect vision
PDM vs the competition
Some masks might look very similar but the quality lies in the details that most don’t see or don’t know to look for. We love what we do and we do it right, we love diving and we want a quality dive mask so we can enjoy the view without any issues ruining the moment.